Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I haven't written for a while because I've been busy and yet nothing has really happened. Last Sunday, we woke up to snow and church was cancelled. Joe was sort of bummed, because he was all ready for church and just about to head out the door when he got the call, so he had to make several phone calls to pass the word around.

But since we had the day free, it was nice spending some time together. We even invited over a few friends from the ward and played games. We had a great time, and I was more than happy to share my chocolate chip cookies with others so I didn't end up eating them all!

The whole week has been cold with icy and/or snowy streets, so I have stayed inside more or less all week. Today there's sun out, but the cold is keeping the snow around. In fact, a lot of it may turn to ice and then we're expecting more snow and freezing rain on Sunday which can make the roads slippery and dangerous. No thank you! I'm glad I work at home so I don't have to brave the streets like I did last year when I swear I almost killed myself.

And on the plus side, Joe was let out of work early yesterday because of the weather. He drove slowly and carefully home and stayed here the rest of the day. It was kind of weird having him here while I was working to have him greet me after my work day, but it was nice. He got today off because of the weather too, and I'm sure he's been playing Xbox games just about all day long.

Since we finally got our Christmas letters out, I figure it's safe to post the picture we sent out with it here. I hate this picture, but I love it too. Yes, it was supposed to be purposefully bad, but I was still hoping for something a little better. Still, you can see most of the awesome badness of my holiday sweater I found at the local thrift store (we got the mugs and wreath there too). I already have a great idea for our next Christmas letter photo, and I'm keeping my eye out for some tacky/festive/bad/scary sweaters to replace these, or we might be sporting them next year too.

We've had a memorable year, with our honeymoon, move, break-in attempt, job changes, kittens, and everything else life has thrown at us. We're excited for Christmas and the chance we have to spend it with some family, and we hope to be able to spend time with our family next year too. We hope next year is full of fun surprises for us and you as well.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

The McKnights said...

I was talking with mom last night and she doesn't think your sweatshirt (not sweater) is bad. Maybe you could talk her into swaping it for one of hers and you can use it next year! She thinks the way you are standing is the only weird thing in the picture.

Debra said...

Yeah, yeah. Sweater, sweatshirt... you know what I meant.