Monday, July 5, 2010

Family

So there was a cousins' reunion going on in Utah, starting around the 1st of the month and ending right around now. I wish I could've gone. But I had previously planned on attending a cousin's wedding here on Friday (which was a nice wedding and reception), and the thought of spending 12 or more hours driving to Utah to spend what would amount to approximately one day with family, only to spend another 12 or so hours driving back just made it difficult to talk myself into.

I miss my family and wish they were closer. I'm so glad I have an aunt & uncle and cousins who live close. We attended a BBQ at my cousin's house on Thursday night (she had a lot of family in town for her daughter's wedding the next day) and then attended a BBQ of leftovers at my aunt & uncle's house yesterday. It's not quite the same as spending time with my parents or my siblings, but it's nice to know that they treat us like family and welcome us to their get-togethers.

I wish I had more money so I could visit my family regularly. I'm so glad I'll get to spend a handful of days with my parents this week. It's looking like we probably won't be going on any vacations that aren't local and cheap for the rest of 2010 and maybe even a decent part of 2011.

No comments: