Friday, August 6, 2010

Another ER visit

I went back to the ER today with chest pain. They didn't figure out where the chest pain was coming from, but they ruled out some various causes and then sent me home. They said the treatment I'm on right now for my blood clots is really the best treatment for me at this time, and I'll be following up with my doctor. In the meantime, the woman who did my CAT scan just had to say something that will make me worry about whether or not my baby will have mental retardation as a result of the tests they've run. Gee, thanks.


I think the pain is probably a result of part of the blood clot in my leg breaking off and getting caught in the filter they installed to do just that. It is more noticeable when I'm more active and not really noticeable at all when I'm lying down. So I guess I'll be doing yet more of that (just when I was starting to feel like I could walk around and get around more with less pain in my leg).

2 comments:

Karena Alyse said...

oh man, i'm so sorry that you feel bad again! i hope whatever is causing your pain goes away soon...if it is a clot in the filter, i hope that it dissolves quickly! love you!

The McKnights said...

Ditto to what Karena said. I am sorry this is not going away faster. We love you and will keep you in our prayers.