Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gratitude

We had a great little reminder last night that we need to show gratitude more. I make a conscious effort to show gratitude, but I know I could be doing more, especially when it comes to certain people or certain areas in my life. When I think of trials I've been through over the past year, especially losing my job and having a miscarriage, my heart is saddened. I have a hard time thinking of how I can be grateful for these types of things. But then I remember Sunday's lesson on Abraham and Isaac and think that maybe part of the reason I've gone through certain trials is because I need to learn a little more about myself. Of course, through trials I have been grateful for friends who have been there for me, and I hope I have expressed my gratitude for them adequately. But I also know as a result of those trials that I can get through tough things in life BECAUSE of supports around me. I also know now that I'm stronger than I thought I was, and I know that when I need to, I turn to God instead of away from Him. Of course, I SHOULD turn to Him all the time, but it's easier for me to remember during trials. I know that when I do have kids, they won't have to question whether or not they were wanted or "accidents" or "mistakes" or the like. Despite my hesitation to do so, I know these experiences I have had are for my good, and for that I am grateful.

No comments: