A few posts ago I asked what some of your favorite inspirational books are. Now I'm curious what some of your favorite movies are-- and why. A lot of my favorites are comedies. I also like a lot of romantic comedies. Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order):
1. Dodgeball - the characters are losers but lovable, and some of the lines/scenes are just absurd and funny because of the absurdity. It's a nice break from reality, and Ben Stiller's character is ridiculous.
2. So I Married An Axe Murderer- I find this movie quite funny. Sometimes that humor is quite subtle. But it reminds me of dating someone and always wondering what is going to turn out being horribly wrong about them. Every person I've dated has had some flaw (real or perceived). Sometimes it can be a perceived flaw that is something we know we can't live with, and this takes that to an extreme. Plus, a lot of Mike Meyer's characters in future movies are similar to his characters in this movie. His role as Charlie's father is great. I love quoting this one.
3. While You Were Sleeping- I love Sandy Bullock, especially in this movie. She's a dreamer, much like me. And sometimes you learn that your dreams are much better than reality. But she is a genuine character who appreciates those she meets in this movie and I really cheer for her to find that happiness. There is some good humor in this one as well.
4. The Emperor's New Groove- The humor in this movie is fantastic. And the subtleties really add to the story. The way the characters interact with each other and play off each other is a joy to watch. It's not too often that you find yourself rooting for bad guys and good guys alike.
5. Batman Begins & The Dark Knight- I really like what Christopher Nolan has done with the Batman movies. The characters have more depth and emotion, and you really get a chance to see another side of Batman and his enemies through these action-packed, suspenseful films. Heath Ledger really did an awesome job as Joker, also.
I have many more favorites, but those are all I'll list for now. I want to hear what some of your favorites are.