Monday, January 19, 2009

Fun on my day off

So today is my first day off in a while. I don't have anything I "have" to do, but I have been productive so far. And I wish I had more time.

I slept in until about 5:15 or so this morning. Yes, that's sleeping in around here. Granted, I always wake up when Joe's getting ready for work in the 3 o'clock hour, but I easily fall back asleep when he leaves until my alarm goes off.

Realizing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, I finally got up about 5:30. I wrote in my journal, checked my email, and made some lists of things I could do today. I also watched A Cinderella Story. I love Hilary Duff.

I went to Target, where I stocked up on household necessities like toothpaste, soap, shampoo & conditioner, toilet paper, etc. I also purchased a cheap camp stove so that if we lose power we can still heat up food. And, being proactive, I purchased some fuel for it too. I think if there was going to be a big power outage this year like there was a couple years ago, it probably would've already happened with the big storms we were getting around Christmas. Still, it's best to be prepared. And if I don't use it for that reason, I have something to take camping. Woot! I haven't been camping since I moved up here. I should take a Saturday off and go with Joe when it gets warm outside.

After Target, I went to this store called Shoes & Feet to look for shoe insoles. I got an expensive but nice pair of cross trainers there, and I realized that I need a little more support for the arches of my feet. But with a $60 price tag for the kind I liked, I decided to refrain and see if I could buy something cheaper somewhere else. On my way to another shoe store nearby, I noticed a Payless. I saw some insoles there, but they weren't near the quality that I figured would actually do anything for my arches. Where's Dr. Scholl's? I did, however, find a $10 pair of black tennis shoes (they were on sale). I have been looking for black tennis shoes for some time, so I was happy. I'm even happier that they don't have shoe laces for the kittens to gnaw at.

Next I went to the farmer's market for some zucchini (so I can make chocolate zucchini cake). I picked up a couple bananas while there too, so we can make some more yummy fondue (I have cuties and pineapple and strawberries and apples that need to be eaten!).

And then I went to Fred Meyer, where I spent about $100 on groceries. I saved some money due to sales and coupons they had, and I stocked up on things like $2 boxes of Cinnamon Life cereal and $1 orange juice containers (Joe drinks so much of that stuff!). Exhausted, I came home and put everything away. I realized I was overcharged for a sports bra I picked up at Target, so I'll have to go back there, which is okay, because I want to look for some jeans at a nearby store, and I'm going to check out another shoe store for insoles.

On my possible to-do list as well is walking and/or working out at Curves, donating some items to a local second-hand store, washing some laundry, and getting some birthday cards ready for the mail tomorrow. Plus, I also have on my list taking a nice bath and doing some reading and getting a pedicure. I was going to do that professionally, but I decided to save that money (and I spent plenty today already!) and just use my massaging foot bath and stuff I have here.

Hope you're enjoying your day! I know I am, and I'm not even being as lazy as I was thinking I might be!

No comments: