Friday, October 31, 2008

Freaky Friday

Yesterday was a rough day for me. Trying to go to sleep on Wednesday, I kept hearing weird noises that woke me up when I was actually able to sleep or kept me from sleeping. I remember hearing a doorbell. It must've been a dream. But it woke me right up and I could've sworn that someone was at my door, even though it wasn't quite 2 am. It was so real that I had to remind myself that I wouldn't have been able to hear the doorbell so clearly (if at all) through the noise-making air purifier in my room. That didn't help make it any easier to get back to sleep.

Yesterday, I kept multiple lights on until it was light outside. Even then, I had difficulty feeling at ease because it was actually during the daylight that they tried to rob me. So the fear hits when it's dark out, but also when it's light out.

Today is better. I don't know when I'll feel back to normal. I swear, it was a kind of horror-movie feeling to have the phone line cut while I was calling police, but I'm so glad I had my cell phone (and had taken it with me when I went from my office to my bedroom).

Joe told me that he spoke with a police officer (someone he was deployed with, actually), and was informed that the guy they caught gave a full confession. He also said they know who the other guy is but just not WHERE he is, so there are a few cop cars waiting for him to appear in one of a few different locations so they can arrest him. I may be asked today to see if I can identify him from a montage that has been put together by an officer. But even if I can't, apparently an officer was able to identify him (apparently the officer saw him jump over a fence). So, that's good news there.

There are tons of crows outside right now. Not quite enough to remind me of The Birds, but still way too many for me to feel comfortable. Creepy! Happy Halloween, I guess!

I'm getting really excited about starting my novel. I have been thinking about what I want to write the book about and playing with a few different ideas. And I now have a word-counter on my blog for anyone who cares to keep tabs. Or you can always look at my user profile here. I doubt anyone cares quite as much as I do. I do want to add writing buddies, so if you're participating (Alicia and anyone else who might be interested), please give me a link to your user profile, because I have to go to that profile to be able to add you as a buddy, and that is the only way I know how to access profiles.

This is going to be something keeping me busy for the next 30 days, but I'm totally okay with that. I looked at the 16 pages I've written for one of my works-in-progress to check out the word count there, and I believe it was only about 6000 words. I think I wrote that much in a day or two, so that's not too bad, but I'm going to have to gather my thoughts/ideas a bit more today so I can get started and just write.

No comments: