Monday, October 13, 2008

Identity Theft/Voting Update

So, I made a call today. And another. And another. And another. And another. I have more calls to make, but it sounds like what happened may have just been an error from the department of licensing. You see, when I moved, I had to report my address change. I completed a form and printed it. I signed the form and left it with my husband's form (he needed to sign for his address change as well). There was a spot on the form to check a box to have your voter registration updated. I didn't check the box, because I'd already taken care of that after the move. Well, my husband hadn't updated his voter registration, so he checked the box for himself, and he saw that it wasn't checked for me and did that.

Apparently somehow someone else's information got entered under my name, and the form that was sent to update the voter registration also had that other information. So the DMV and the voter registration both have me listed as living in Vancouver. I do want to make sure that I review copies of my credit reports to make sure there isn't anything on there that is fishy, but I've requested an absentee ballot to be mailed to me so I can still vote in the state and general elections (no local voting for me though, bummer). I have to go to the DMV to update my address, apparently. And I really doubt I'm going to get any answers as to how the heck my address ever got listed as a Vancouver address in the first place. I tried to get some help by talking to someone in their customer service department, but he was a total jerk.

Joe is at a work training in SLC this week. It's going to be weird not talking to him. It's going to be weird mostly only talking to the kittens since I don't really talk to many people other than him on a daily basis.

No comments: