Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The kittens

My sister-in-law and her family are here.

They brought their dog, Maggie.

My kittens have never been around a dog.

They were not happy to see Maggie.

I was holding one of my kittens when she saw Maggie.

I have a bruise and puncture wound where the kitten responded when she saw Maggie.

They are going to be declawed soon.



At least they're not running away and scratching as much when the dog comes in the room now.

They're getting so big. Joe calls them each "The Kitty," instead of their real names, and I often call them each "My Baby," so we probably really confuse them sometimes.
Inspector Cassandra Cuddle Bunny (or Sandy for short) seems to know her name and often comes when called, like a dog. Not always, because she likes to do what she wants to do. She does seem to understand the word "no" also. That doesn't keep her from scratching our couch up and returning to the scene of the crime to scratch more of it shortly after she stops when being told "no" anyway.Ashley (or Ash for short) usually is the more rambunctious of the two. She is stubborn, often trying to get up on the countertops and bites and scratches more. She loves to play.




Here's the vicious monster-dog, Maggie:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No=squirt bottle

Debra said...

I know. We use one. But sometimes saying no is enough for her.